A Harry Potter Movie Marathon

Thursday, August 2, 2012




















SOURCES


Splendid Design
CraftyStaci
Design Dazzle
Don't forget to cast your vote on my home page!
It's summer 2012 and it's the first summer I am not anticipating a Harry Potter film... :( But I am not ready to let go just yet!
I am planning an HP movie fest at my home (end of September or early October) atmosphere and wizard food included. A whole day dedicated to the 8 HP films sounded fun, until I saw that the total collection is almost 20 hours long.

I came up with three options:

1. Chop three movies out to make it reasonable for me and my guests, still keeping the "movie marathon" theme.
2. Make it a mini marathon-watch the The Deathly Hallows Part I and Part II only. We could even throw in the first film (The beginning and the end).
3. Split it up into two days, therefore creating a Harry Potter weekend.-This option is pretty much, unlikely to happen. We are all 26-30 years old, some of us have children and spending two days of our weekend is a bit much...even if it is Harry Potter. I love you dude, but let's be reasonable...

Okay, so we have two options...
 For option one, I would choose a hunk out of the middle to cut:
Chamber of Secrets
Prisoner of Azkaban
Goblet of Fire
 I have seen Chamber so many times...it's riddikulus, Prisoner of Azkaban has left Voldemort completely out...in the dark and Goblet of Fire...well, it's always been my least favorite of the films.

Option 2 I favor more than the others. Probably because those three films are my favorite. :)

Which Harry Potter film should I cut from the marathon?
Place your vote on the HOME page!!!


Here are some Harry Potter party ideas that I love:


The Invitations!!

The truck, cage, broom and parcel...done. Just need an HP banner, scarf and owl.

I love this idea-hanging streamers in the Hogwarts House colors. Easy and cheap!!


Around the house decor and of course...the sorting hat!

 Don't forget the butterbeer...in a really cool BARREL!!


I love the colors...I'm wondering if I could convert my buffet cabinet into Honeydukes...



 Some sweet treats

s
I can make my own Chocolate Frog and Bertie Botts boxes!!



WHAT HARRY POTTER FILM IS YOUR FAVORITE???

4 comments: